Sunday, March 5, 2017

Steilacoom T-Shirt Designs



For this assignment I was creating a 4th of July based t-shirt design for the town of Steilacoom. We were only allowed to use red, white and blue as the color scheme, which made the design a little more difficult than I would have thought.
I took the image of Steilacoom town hall and did an image trace in Illustrator. I then changed the colors of the building to red, white and blue. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do different shades of those colors, so I just stuck to the same 3 colors. I then took the image trace and uploaded it into Photoshop and used different brushes to create different looks on each design.
I really like how these designs came out. I particularly like how the American Flag design turned out, because it wasn't like the other t-shirt examples we saw in class, which almost all seemed to feature fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment