Tuesday, January 17, 2017

SLAM Cover Designs- Assignment 3

I really wanted to create eye catching designs that looked almost like paintings instead of graphic designs. I've been experimenting with splatter brushes and filters lately and really wanted to incorporate those into these designs.
I used both Illustrator and Photoshop for this assignment. I got a couple images from Pixabay and then did images traces on them. Then I changed the colors to less realistic and more artsy colors. Then in Photoshop I applied a few filters to the owl and then used a few splatter brushes to complete the look. For the lion in Photoshop I used the smudge tool to smooth out the lines to look more like actual fur. 
I'm really proud of both of these designs. I'm really happy with how they turned out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment