Friday, February 24, 2017

Asteroid Field



I opted to create an asteroid field for this assignment as opposed to doing a timelapse video. I feel like I have a lot of room for improvement with 3d design and decided to take the opportunity to work on those skills.
I created this in Lightwave. I followed the tutorial and created one 3D asteroid, applied a texture to it ad then duplicated it a bunch of times. I grabbed a space image from Pixabay to use for the background.
I think I did pretty well on this assignment. If I were to redo it I think I would have applied a rock texture to the asteroids instead of just messing around with the colors like the tutorial said to do. I think it would have made it more realistic. If I knew how I would have liked to make the background image look like it was moving, make it look like the image was actually burning instead of being a still image.

No comments:

Post a Comment