Friday, February 24, 2017

Background Mattes



For this assignment I created two different backdrops. The top image was supposed to be a cemetery and the bottom was was a neighborhood with a toilet paper covered tree in the foreground,
I used Photoshop and took elements from a bunch of different images and then created a single composition. I turned everything black and white and adjusted the temperatures and contrasts so that all the elements looked like they belonged together.
I like how the cemetery turned out, but I'm not too crazy about the neighborhood. When I first did the picture I just had a tree and tried to paint toilet paper onto it. Turns out that it's actually very hard to paint toilet paper and make it look realistic. I tried a bunch of different brushes until I gave up and then tried to find a toilet paper covered tree online. That was also very hard to cut out. It took a while. I also wasn't sure how to make the tree look like it was in the foreground and also show that the tree was in a neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment